You know what happens when you let a total pop-culture whore roleplay a totally impulsive character who always says the first thing to come into her head? You get Felicity, and you get some anachronisms that would make any self-respecting GM cry.
Witness, for instance:
- Once during a fit of delusional paranoia caused by an evil staff (don't ask), Felicity ran out of camp screaming "They're after me lucky charms!!"
- Felicity was once possessed by the ghost of a drunk halfling thief. Somehow it took the rest of the party two hours to catch on to this, even with Felicity doing such out of character things as hitting on every halfling chick in the tavern. Upon spottingsujata's halfling monk Kendal across the room, possessed Felicity shrieked "Helloooo nurse!!"</span>john666 laughed for five minutes and still claims this is my finest roleplaying moment.
- Felicity's idea for luring a notoriously misogynist baddie out of hiding? Skipping through the forest singing "la la la la la, I'm going to put together the evil staff and take over the world, and then I'm going to paint everything pink, la la la la la."
- As Kari the half-elf priestess was clinging to Franz, Felicity's pseudo-husband (long story which bored geeks can find here), Felicity took the opportunity to remind her that "My man ain't yo baby daddy." Kari's response? "Not now, not ever."
- Near the end of last night's session, Felicity totally flubbed a saving throw despite the use of a karma point and became dehabilitatingly depressed. After a while of whining and moaning, Felicity left the room and returned twenty minutes later in full Goth attire, complete with curlicued spiral drawn in eyeliner. She then invented what she's calling "the drama queen dance." First one hand to the forehead! Then the other! Then the first! Then the other!
Folks, I have no illusions. The only reason they're still letting me play is that I bring chocolate.