Or, I haven't written anything interesting on LJ in forever and I've already told most of these stories but what the hell, I'm bored.
Ten things I've done that you probably haven't:
- Beat Ken Jennings at Final Jeopardy. (Unfortunately for my pride and my bank account, that was all I beat him at.)
- Fallen asleep in the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. While the music was still going, even.
- Held a book that Anne of Cleves gave to Henry VIII as a wedding present.
- Gotten kicked out of grad school. Not dropped out, kicked out.
- Given a romance novel a negative review that was then twisted to sound like a positive review and quoted in the author's next book.
- Accepted a marriage proposal made over a telnet chat program.
- Gotten trashed at the administrative headquarters of my university while still underage, under the eyes of the campus police.
- Gotten a small crowd of Vandy students seated in the end zone to yell "Another Heath Shuler" at Peyton Manning during a football game.
- Placed in a high-school poetry contest... with a poem about Duke basketball.
- Scored my first roadkill in a driver's ed class.